Draft Talk Topics
Day 1 Wednesday 16 May
The Diabetic Foot in 2018
- The ever increasing impact of diabetic foot disease on health economics.
- In-patient Diabetes Footcare: an update
- Can a good diabetic foot service reduce amputations?
- Disparities in lower limb vascular services across the UK – can we improve?
Can we do better?
- Lessons from “Europe!”: the Maastricht and Eurodiale Studies
- Lessons from Scotland – how to optimise diabetic foot services
- Creating a five star diabetic foot clinic
Day 2 Thursday 17 May
Assessment of the diabetic foot
- How to critically assess published diabetic foot studies
- Interpreting the plain foot x-ray: pearls from a true expert
- Psyching out the diabetic foot
- Technology and the diabetic foot in 2018
What evidence is there for interventions?
- Use of dressings in diabetic foot ulcer care: is there any evidence?
- What’s new from the gait laboratory and can exercise training help unsteadiness?
- An update on antibiotic therapy for diabetic foot infections
Oral presentations of submitted and accepted abstracts and joint symposium with the British Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
Day 3 Friday 18 May
Medical management of foot ulceration
- The development of Manuka honey for advanced wound care – where is the evidence?
- Common mistakes in diabetic foot management
- Challenges in treating neuro ischaemic diabetic foot ulcers: current standard of care and beyond
- Medical management of osteomyelitis
Surgical aspects of diabetic foot care
- Antibiotics vs surgery for osteomyelitis – any difference?
- Differentiation of osteomyelitis from acute Charcot neuroarthropathy – which investigation?
- Does medical management have any place in the management of acute Charcot neuropathy?
- Surgical management of Charcot neuroarthropathy
- Vascular and endovascular procedures in the diabetic lower limb